Monday, September 20, 2010

Not much has been going on around here. We are just busy bodies sustaining life. James was playing today and put Mr. Potato Head on Tex and said "Tex is trying to scare Gecko so he put on his potato mask". I thought is was hilarious looking. James is starting to read. Teaching him to read is my goal before he starts kindergarten next fall. He is doing really well so far and we are having fun with it. He sounded out the word sand and he made the "a" sound a little long and ended up saying sand as if he were British and he laughed at himself so hard he teared up. He was amazed that things can be said different ways.
I got another cleaning job this month and was gone all weekend. This was a pick up game of roll the bouncy ball. So sweet.
We finally caught her smile on camera! She is just beautiful and her smile lights up her whole face. She is very social at this point and loved to "make eyes" at us.
James and Kinley are starting to interact with Mallory a little more. They really like that she acknowledges them with a smile.
James and Kinley's first day of school. Of course we couldn't get them both to be serious and smile normal at the same time. They really like their new school.
We are settling into a school year routine that I think we are all going to like. We go to the Y on Monday and Thursday mornings then BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) on Tuesday mornings, school on Wednesdays and a playdate or errands on Fridays. During our time at home we do learning time where I work with them on reading, science, colors, math readiness, etc. We also do a Bible time where we pray, read and memorize scripture. Then of course we include lots of playing and a nice amount of cartoon's and movies! We are excited because this year all 5 of us are attending BSF. Josh goes on Monday nights and the kids get to go with me on Tuesdays. They have an amazing kids program where 5 and under go in the mornings with mom and 6 and up go in the evenings with dad so hopefully we will stick with it for a long time and really reap the benefits.
We are getting excited to go to Beaver's Bend for our annual camping trip in two weeks. I am still having trouble with terrible flashbacks from last year. I am ready to make some new memories to replace all the bad ones!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Mallory has changed so much! She is a doll! I'm jealous you have BSF. I miss it!