Monday, January 3, 2011

Mallory is growing like crazy and I would give anything to push the pause button! Since she is the last baby I have started to get rid of things like swaddle blankets and 0-6 month clothes and it is breaking my heart. I never thought I would cry over making space in my home but getting rid of those sweet little blankets made me cry and I didn't care about the space they were taking. She will be six months on the 9th. She is sleeping and eating like a pro. She is content doing whatever we need her too. She smiles constantly and her eyes sparkle like diamonds. Below is her first meal in her high chair.
Her first ride in a swing. She giggled as she was swinging.
We took the kids to see Santa at Bass Pro Shop. We considered it successful because no one cried and the big two actually voiced their Christmas present wishes. James asked for a medium sized stuffed panda bear (medium meaning the same size as stuffed polar bear so they can play together) and Kinley asked for a pink puppy dog.
We did Advent boxes this year. It was interesting. The kids loved opening the boxes but acted totally uninterested in the spiritual component each evening. As the month went on I tried to get more creative on how to apply the Bible truths and stories to their life. Some of our favorites were building a ginger bread house (of course), hiding God's word in our hearts (we played hide and seek with our paper hearts), and serving each other as Jesus did when He washed the disciples feet. I had Kinley wash and lotion James' feet then he washed and lotioned her feet. When Kinley finished she said "James, I love you" and when James finished he said "Kinley, I love you". It was one of those rare and amazingly sweet moments. I think we might have to repeat this activity every few months!
She is lovin' the camera these days...she actually requests that pictures be taken of her when she feels she is particularly cute.
Wednesday before Christmas we went to OKC to see my family. We stayed until late Christmas Eve. We had a great time relaxing and playing. While we were there we managed to break two bowls, a large ornament, and a bottle of Patron tequila. I think they were ready to see us leave!
We made Jesus birthday whoopie pies, went to church, played with cousins, opened presents and ate pizza.
Christmas morning we woke up at Grandad and Nanna's. Santa had been there and he brought what they wanted.
We enjoyed Duncan and our Morris family. We played games, enjoyed the horses, dogs, fire pit, and pond. James put the hard sell on me AGAIN to have a dog. He told me I had two choices either live in a box or take Charlie (the farm dog) home. I chose live in a box until he told me I had to come out to help him with the things he couldn't do on his own. The kid is going to have to have a dog someday.
We got home from Duncan Tuesday night and Wednesday James and Kinley got fevers. James got to 104 and stayed there for five days. Kinley's fever was between 99 and 100 and still hasn't gone away. I have no idea what they got but I sure got a lot done around the house being stuck there for five days. We enjoyed a lot of cuddle time, movies, and naps. It has been really nice to just be slow and lazy after the holidays. I am kind of dreading getting back into a productive routine.

1 comment:

NHP said...

Precious update. You all look too cute for words! I love that your holiday was blessed and Christmas was Bright.
And getting rid of that baby stuff is really hard! It is ok to cry it out : )
We also have had the fever and more around here. No fun, but I did enjoy being locked in for a bit.
Love you
Natasha