We enjoyed our first official snow day. I say official because it's the first time a snow day was different than any other day since James is in school now. We definitely could have driven to school, the roads were fine, but we were glad to be home together.
Taking everyone outside in the snow is so much work, but James is the easiest. He gets dressed and then he just wants to live in the snow.
He is getting so BIG and handsome. He is also quiet the know it all. We've been working a lot on being teachable and respectful. He has been much better this past week so today I taught him how to tie his shoes. He picked it up after three times and the experience was even enjoyable!
This firecracker has been in a hard phase the past couple of weeks. She is disobeying, hitting, throwing fits, throwing phones, etc. She's even been throwing in "you're not my dad any more", "I don't want to live in this house anymore", and "you are so mean to me". Today while I was teaching James to tie his shoes she was trying to lasso a door knob with a ribbon.
On the sweet side, she wanted to send Santa a valentine. She has also become quiet the big sister to Mallory. She teaches her everything she knows and loves to see her pick up something new. She insists that Mallory signs or speaks every time she wants something. She is loving the power of being the older one and balancing it with love and kindness more that I thought she would.
This little piggy got tubes in her ears on Friday the 10th. She did really well but was pretty sore and fussy Friday and Saturday. She has had a pretty nasty cold on top of the surgery so that hasn't helped. Her walking is completely up to speed. It is as if she was never behind. She gets going so fast that she can stop. It is adorable and really fun to have her walking.
She loves hot chocolate and chocolate milk and insists on drinking those to things out of a "big" cup.
While panting today she helped herself to the brown and blue - notice the huge puddle on the plate. She is really into it and will paint for 30 minutes to an hour! I have to surrender to the mess or it isn't any fun. Today there was green glitter glue all over the wall. Yay for washable paint!

James LOVES art! He made this today. The red T is our outdoor table with a pile of snow balls on it. He is the blue person beside it wearing a hat with a tassel on top.

Snow Bunnies!

Superbowl Sunday we went to Sam's to look at a tent because we had to throw our old one away after the last campout due to excessive throw up, diarrhea, and tornadic winds. We came home with a 40" LCD or LED (I don't have a clue) TV. It was two hours until game time and we had a new TV in a box with nowhere to put it. It wouldn't fit in our armoire so I ran to Target and grabbed the cheapest acceptable TV stand and we tried to get it all together in time for the big game. We got the furniture moved and the TV plugged in but Josh worked through the game to get it all together. Then we found out that it can't connect to our computer to play HULU and ESPN 3 (80% of the reason we got it) because we have a MAC. Oh brother. Anyway, we are figuring out the details and I am enjoying it more than I ever thought I would. Of course Josh is in heaven and can't wait for football season to start.
These videos were taken while we were watching the Grammy's. James and Kinley have been big time dancers and now Mallory is joining the club. Check out her moves!
These videos are poor quality because they are from Josh's phone and the first one is sideways, sorry!
1 comment:
Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com
Post a Comment