Thursday, June 7, 2012

We are having a great summer!  James ended the school year with great success and is loving being home and not having to get up and rush out the door in the morning.  He has been a pest to his sisters.  His response to this is that he doesn't have anyone to bug.  He says the kids at school liked it when he walked up to them and punched them in the face.  
We are babysitting a little girl from our church, she will be 4 in July, on Tuesday's and Thursday's this summer.  It is going well and she is a lot of fun but James is particularly annoyed by having two three year old drama queens to put up with.

Check out this drama queen.  She is in love with Adele and was dancing to one of her songs right before she struck this pose.
We went to Big Cedar with the Morris clan last week.  My parents joined us for about half the time.  It was a wonderful vacation.  We swam, rode the Ducks in Branson, swam, rented a boat, swam, enjoyed the movie room and fire pit with a view, and swam some more.  We are so thankful to be surrounded by such wonderful family.

Mallory is one tough construction worker.
While we were on vacation Kinley started swimming across the pool by herself!  James was swimming around the whole pool with his snorkel and never had to come up or touch the bottom.  Mallory warmed up to the pool a lot too.  She is not fond of the pool in our yard but I think it is the two bafoons she has to swim with that she doesn't like. She LOVES to put her "suit" on and run around in the yard though.

The first week of May we dog sat for one of my friends who clearly doesn't know me well enough to know that I don't keep dogs.  It actually went pretty well.  The kids loved him and I didn't hate him.  I was just glad he was still here at the end of the week for me to give back to her.  We told the kids when Mallory is potty trained we'll talk about getting a dog.  She is going pee pee and poo poo on the potty off and on but I have no hope that it will happen before she's three.  My plan with her is to let her teach herself how to go.  The other two made me realize the more I wanted them to do it the more they were determined not to do it.

Yesterday Mallory ran into the kitchen crying and she was wet, as if she had run under spraying water.  It was bath time anyway so I took her to the bathroom and asked Kinley what happened and she said "she melled bad so I pwayed her wif the woom pray" (she smelled bad so I sprayed her with the room spray).  I picked up the bottle I just bought last week and it was almost empty.  GRACIOUS!  At least it didn't get in her eyes.

Mallory, Tristan, and Cade at one of James' TBall games.
James getting his medal after his final T Ball game. He says he wants to play again.  We're going to try to see if we can get him to try soccer or basketball??


"Pat the Bible" is a song the girls sing at Bible Study Fellowship.  I walked in their room one day and this is what they were doing.

No comments: