Tuesday, August 7, 2012



Do you see onery?  I do!

Today Kinley walked in the bathroom turned on the sink, plugged the drain, locked the door then closed it from the outside and walked away.  I saw her shut the door and walk away then I heard the water running.  I tried the door and of course found it to be locked!  I asked "is the sink plugged?"  She smiled and said "yeeeeessss".  I immediately wished I had had Josh teach me to break into the bathroom.  This is not the first locked door rodeo we've been to but luckily he's been here all the other times it has happened.  We also have not had running water on the other side of the locked door.  I called Josh and he tried to coach me through it.  I was having trouble so he got in the car and headed home.  He told me to get the wrench and go turn off the water main, well I couldn't find the wrench because if I'm honest I don't really know what a wrench is.  I grabbed something and went to the water main.  I couldn't find the thing he was telling me to turn.  So, I went back inside and tried the credit card on the door again.  With my feet in an inch of water I had more strength and was able to get in.  It was only about 15 minutes that the water was on but that was long enough to fill the vanity, bathroom, and hallway with water.  We've had a fun afternoon drying out.  James was a great helper but all the while he was imagining if it had been much worse and much more dramatic.  He kept telling me I should have just let him bust the door in with his shoulder.  He also said"well mom, what consequence to you think we should give her for this!?".  I asked Kinley why she did it and she said "I just wanted my ponies (two little plastic ponies) to fwoat.  I wocked the door so no one would go in and tuwn the water off.  I just knew if it overfwowed my wittle ponies would fwoat".  So cute yet SUCH A MESS! 

No comments: