It was just one of those days. It started well. Josh stayed home this morning and mowed which occupied James so I got to spend some great cuddle time with Kinley. (I also got another great nights sleep last night which makes everything better.) My life long friend Angela came over for a few hours. She got our web album linked to the blog (look at the top right corner). James watched Cars for the millionth time while we visited.
Kinley looked adorable in her stripped pants and hot pink cap sleeve onsie - thanks Nana and Grandad!
Around 11:30 everything headed south. Kinley got cranky and James got an attitude. Ang was like "no kids for me"! We ended up having to send James to bed early and when Ang left we wrapped up Kinley tight as possible and put her in bed then Josh and I crashed on the couch. It was the first nap we have both actually been able to fall asleep for. Go figured all cramped up on the couch (and part of the ottoman). After the kids woke up I thought it might be good to get James out to do something he likes. (This was to be our first outing with just the three of us) We went to get a strawberry limeade (and you better not call it cherry) from Sonic then to the big library that has animal murals all over the wall and tons of books. He had a great time, he came up with the most elaborate stories about surprises and snakes and lion cubbies. We just walked around talking about all the stuff for almost an hour. Then Kinley got hungry and let me say my first experience feeding her in public while trying to keep up with James was a bit crazy. She would not latch (which normally isn't a problem but while sitting in a mini chair lots of things become a problem) so she started screaming bloody murder, in the library mind you. I had both sides exposed doing everything I could to get her to be quiet while trying to wrangle the Hooter Hider to keep me covered. Oh and reading books to James while he turned the pages to keep him from running off. James had a great attitude and was very patient with us until it was time to go, then suddenly he couldn't carry anything and was incapable of walking with me. Somehow we made it to the car and home but I was exhausted! Hopefully tonight will be another of good sleep!
The first picture captures our day very well!
No comments:
Post a Comment