Thursday, September 11, 2008

James just finished his second week of Tuesday/Thursday school. Until today I wasn't sure if I really wanted him gone two days a week - but now I'm pretty sure I'll get used to it. I was able to have someone over for lunch, encourage some friends who needed encouragement, and catch up on some parenting reading and Bible study I haven't had time for. I also have been able to hold sweet Kinley more. It also helps that James is loving going to school. He has a new friend this year - of course it is a girl - her name is Lee or "Wee" if your James. She just turned two and has some trouble separating from mom and conforming to the classroom routine. The director says James has helped her immensely and that she calls James "my James". I think it is sweet how he has taken her under his wing and helped her get comfortable. I have to share a funny story about my training coming back to train me. I was getting really frustrated with James over something and started using an ugly tone with him. He said "mommy talk kind to me, I am precious by God". I was stopped in my tracks and brought to my knees to apologize. See we have pounded it into him that people are precious and are to be treated kindly so now I know he's been listening not just giving us lip service. The problem was that two seconds later he was screaming at me with an ugly tone, but I turned to him with a big smile and said "James speak kindly to me, God made me and I am precious". He laughed and ran away??? Maybe someday we'll feel like we've gotten somewhere. Today after nap we wrestled on James' bed by his request. I ended up holding him, spinning really fast then throwing him on the bed. I got so dizzy I fell off his bed onto the floor and he thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen, so what did I do, continued to make him laugh his head of but throwing myself to the floor over and over then with a pounding headache we went out and played in the rain. The pictures are of James enjoying the puddles, digging for worms with a stick, and having acorn races down the driveway. I just love playing with him and I am going to miss these days like crazy when they are over, I'm doing my best to soak it up and not take life wiht a toddler too seriously. Kinely is a dream baby. She is smiling all the time, cooing and gurggling, and occasionally rolling over. She is HUGE and eats a ton but she is so content and is sleeping 11 hours at night now. I couldn't ask for a better life - I am so thankful for Josh, James and Kinley and getting to be home to take care of all of them!

2 comments:

megan k said...

Cute Story.. I am going to start saying that to Chloe when she hits me. ;)

Anonymous said...

Lindsay and Josh

I just read some of your stories and was laughing out loud! Baby James cracks me up with some of his little comments! Kinley is so adoarable!

Lindsay Harkins