Monday, December 1, 2008

We had a great Thanksgiving - we had Thanksgiving dinner here in Tulsa at my cousins house with my Mom's side of the family. We took James to see Madagascar 2 Thanksgiving day - it was hilarious - he liked it too. Then we went over to my cousins and James had a blast with all the kids. The older girls were really great with Kinley and everyone enjoyed her thighs. That night we went to my parents house and got up Friday to help them decorate for Christmas. That evening the Morris gang came up and we all had fun eating, talking and playing with the kids until Sunday night. I didn't get any pictures of Jason, Emily, Joe or Caren with the kids so I guess one of you will have to share some with us! James was in a really crazy mood and I have some silly stories below.
He watched Lion King and was a violent, aggressive lion the rest of the weekend so we had a LOT of wrestling sessions - Bob and Daddy were rode hard and put away wet.
This is Maggie Jo James' favorite cousin this holiday.
Kinley watching her hands as if they were aliens. Emily, Mom and I were playing cards and James was bugging us so we gave him some poker chips to play with, he held one up to his cheek and said "I'm going to poke somebody with this" and we said "why?" he said "because it's a poker chip" James was riding in the car with my mom (after an extensive conversation and imaginative play session about Jesus, God, and Heaven) and he asked "will God ask me to do mean things" my mom said "no" then he asked "when we go to heaven can we do mean things?" mom said "no" then he asked "well where can we go to do mean things?" then Gigi was laughing too hard to answer. Do you think we have some work to do? James was in my parents room and said "mommy come here" so I went and he pointed to a picture of when I was 16 and said "can you look pretty like this again?" I heard everyone in the living room die laughing - lets just say I feel old for the first time. Kinley is getting closer and closer to sitting up. She is such a good baby - all we got all weekend were compliments. We wanted to include all of you in something we are considering. We feel that God might want us to foster a child this next year. We are going to an informational meeting tonight and the next step would be taking the required classes for fostering. Pray with us, challenge us, and we'll keep you posted.

No comments: