Monday, June 29, 2009

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY! Kinley turned one on Friday! We spent the day with the Butters' and they made cupcakes for her. She thoroughly enjoyed them and the audience she had while devouring it. (The video is at the bottom of the page)
Friday night we had our neighbor Miss Betty over for dinner because she and Kinley share the same birthday. As you can tell by Kinley's face we had spaghetti for dinner and healthy banana cupcakes with no icing for desert (she will get a real cake in July at the family party!)
Her first present was from Miss Betty is was a new set of water play cups.
Saturday we went to Grand Lake with Josh's networking group. James loved the long boat ride we took but was a little nervous about swiming in a lake. Their favorite was the pool on the deck. It was just deep enough that Kinley could barely crawl - she kind of floated on top taking in a gallons of water- but she loved it. At one point I said I think God messed up and gave me fish instead of children!
She was excited that she didn't just drown on that last trek across the pool!
This is a shamelss plea to the grand parents that James is ready and begging for a motorized riding toy. He has decided that he would like the John Deer Gator that holds two kids but can still pull a load. He tried out these two single rider toys this weekend.

2 comments:

Jason and Emily Morris said...

SOOO cute!! I'm so sad we live so far away =( I can't believe it's been a whole year! Love you guys can't wait to see you!

chandra said...

Miss Kinley is precious. She loves her sweets like her Mommy! I am looking forward to the girls trip and hanging out! love ya.