Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ok, where to start? Well, things are going tiny bit better. James and Jada are now having small moments of fun together. They are both still in major need of training and the days are intense. I think Jada is actually stepping up her difficulty level so we'll see? We had the first visit with Jada's worker in our home on Monday. All of us were on the couch and James made some reference to me spanking Jada. I looked at the worker and said "I have not spanked her" then James said "yes you did mommy"! I was shocked and in utter disbelief that this was happening to me. See we actually have been praying about and discussing using some form of spanking with Jada because she is in such need of it but we haven't #1 because we haven't gotten a peace from God and a close second is because we knew James would tell on us! Well he told on us and we didn't even do it. This coupled with the fact that our case workers biggest worry about us is that we spank our children - I was totally floored. Anyway, I asked James why he thought I spanked her and he said because I took the spoon in her room! He doesn't miss a thing. Well I told him that he lied about something very important and that he needs to not talk to anyone about his or his sisters' discipline. OH BROTHER!
Two weeks ago we all went to the doctor. Jada got two shots, James had a recheck on an old ear infection, and Kinley was diagnosed with bronchitis and a double ear infection. She was prescribed a nebulizer (sp?) We say she likes to hit the A-bong (a for albuteral (sp?)
One day that it rained we played in the garage and there is a low spot in the corner that hold water after a rain. I went inside to put Kinley in bed and came back out to James and Jada naked (except Jada's shirt was twisted around her shoulders) jumping in that nasty puddle! They were eaten alive by mosquito's but they had a blast.
Another day we played in the garage and James decided to build towers and run into them with his bike.
This is all three of them playing dress up. Poor James really needs some boy dress ups. I just can't tell the poor thing no when he asks to put on the tutu so he can dance with his sisters. He has also decided to like wearing a zebra print hair bow around the house. I need some help!
She is so precious!
Isn't she beautiful!
Jada loves to put on Mr. Potato Head's glasses. She has been doing this since we got her and I finally got a picture of it. She is so silly.
Kinley is a full time walker now! It is so fun to see her up!
We went to the pet store and the clerk got out two greyhound puppies for the kids to play with. It was so cute and this puppy kept trying to eat James' hair. James has been lobbying for a puppy since then but I think he is beginning to realize he is barking up a dead tree!
So the reason we were at the pet store is because Captain Bob finally died after a long struggle with who knows what. He hadn't been himself for a while and when we came back from Labor Day he was stuck under the rocks not moving. We went to pour him out and he miraculously came back to life! Three days later he died for real. It was sad but James was comforted that when he went down the toilet he would go to the ocean. So Monday we replaced him with Greenie Pete (he's orange). James had picked Greenie to be our new fish name right after Bob died. Josh wanted to name him Pete for Pistol Pete since he's orange but James was not budging on Greenie therefore he's Greenie Pete just like Captain Bob was Captain for Josh and Bob for James. I guess we'll always have two name fish. Josh and I were invited to a black tie 50th anniversary reception for some of his clients. It was at Southern Hills Country Club. It was really fun and fancy. I got a new White House Black Market dress at Name Brand Clothing for $30! It was nice to dress up and go out with my handsome Edward Jones man. This last weekend I had a cleaning job with my friend Alicia. He father in law and husband are in construction and have remodeled a beautiful home near 28th and Lewis and they asked us to do the final clean. It took us 15 1/2 hours but we had a great time together and he got a good dose of role reversal with our husbands. Josh did awesome Friday and Saturday but by Sunday he was a little worn out. I asked him if he got to pick Edward Jones or home with the kids what would he pick - he said Edward Jones! I said me too! not really - his job is super hard and I could never do it in a million years. I am so thankful I get to stay home and train our children no matter how hard it is.

2 comments:

jennp said...

oh my!

chandra said...

Wow, you have a lot going on in that house! Your doing such a great job. You and Josh look so amazing. I love your hair!

Chandra