We learned in class that there is usually a honeymoon phase when a foster child comes into your home. Well, I forgot about that and was thinking that the first two weeks with Jada were great and it was going to be smooth sailing. Then we started week number three! I'm not sure who went bad first but it is a toss up between me, James, and Jada. I think I have myself back in control and I'm working on J and J. They have been fighting constantly, James is bossy, controlling, hateful, disrespectful, and has a very strong desire to hurt Jada. He said during a discipline session "I just need to know how long she's going to be here?" Another day he was telling her the toys are not hers and my mom got onto him and he said "well we just don't know how long she's going to be with us". Needless to say it has been a tough adjustment having a two year old sister. The good thing is he has decided and begun to show that he loves Kinley to pieces. He has been very kind to her and they seem to be bonding under the new pressure.
Jada has decided to whip out the strong will on us. We tell her to do or not do something and she just stares at us with a blank look at best or grunts and does the opposite or throws a fit at worst. She is a normal two year old it is just that we can't do with her what we did with our last two year old. Time out is what we do but she doesn't seem to mind it at all and doesn't seem to be learning from it. She is having trouble sitting still for anything and with being social with many people outside of our family. She still seems overwhelmed by our lifestyle. I do believe that in spite of all that she is attaching to us and us to her. It will be a long road but by God's grace we will adjust and hopefully help leave God's mark on her heart.
We took a little vacation to Hot Springs, Arkansas with my parents last weekend. We had a great time!
I think we actually got a decent family picture!

We went to an petting zoo/alligator farm. It was really cool, they even had mountain lions!

We went to one of the lakes in Hot Springs Village to ride paddle boats but they didn't have any so we just took of the kids clothes and played in the water!

We are working on smiling for the camera but it is not favorite.

James got to climb on a real Army tank
1 comment:
Hey girl, praying for you! My has your past few weeks been eventful. Jada is beautiful! Call if you need too!
Post a Comment