Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy 3rd Brithday Kinley!
Thursday night we tried to go to the Kiddie Park in Bartlesville. It is an amusement park with rides for toddlers. That is where Kinley wanted to have her birthday party without friends. The sad thing is there were storms in the area so the park was closed. We ended up at the McDonald's playland which seemed ok with her.
She got a kitty cat and bedazzled crate which she got to open right when she woke up. As dramatic as she is, she opened her present with little excitement and it took about 5 minutes for her to get all the ribbon and paper off.
She ordered pink cupcakes with pink icing and sprinkles.
She sang happy birthday to herself while we were singing but I could tell by the look on her face that she knew she wasn't supposed to sing to herself but she couldn't help it. It was so cute!
I did ask her why she wanted an animal to come to her party and not her friends, and she said "because my animals make me happy and my friends make me sad". I said what do your friends do to make you sad. She said they hit me and call me such a meanie. I said I think that is what you do to them. She just said "oh".
I dropped her off at the Y last week and when I walked out the door she threw herself on the door and yelled "it's all your fault mommy!!!" at the top of her lungs and continued to yell that for about 5 minutes. I could hear her across the Y. I was humiliated. Not only was my daughter throwing a massive fit she was completely trying to guilt me!
This is Kinley's dream bike. We told her she can get it when she's potty trained and I'd say she is. She struggles with the occasional accident but takes herself most of the time so maybe it will be hers soon?? She wants a doll carrier on the back for her animals.
Mallory had her first popsicle and she loved it of course.
Mallory is finally mobile. She is scooting on her bottom but she can go from room to room and get into plenty of trouble. This week she also said "uh uh" three times when she dropped her cup or a toy! She has dropped her bottles but I am still giving her one after dinner because I can't bear to give the last bottle of my career.
She even sucked on the stick to get all the juice off.
We made cornstarch goop in the water table and my goop monsters went nuts.
We started swimming lessons this morning and James was the first one across the pool and back on his kick board, he jumped off the springboard and swam to the side all by himself, and he was very confident and talkative instead of shy and hesitant! It was really fun to see him like that.

2 comments:

Sarah Baker said...

Oh my goodness! The kids are getting so big! You and Josh make the most beautiful babies ;) Kinley and he swoopy bangs... so adorable! Miss you! I'll call you soon. Sorry it's been so long ;(

Jason and Angela said...

Linds, it doesn't have to be your last bottle. You can come give them to my kids when i finally have some. :)