Mallory is 1!
I am so sad that the first year is over. I know I have always rushed it when they are babies but I have finally realized how fun and easy they are as infants and I would give anything to relive the last year. Mallory has been such a joy and vehicle for victory in several areas of our life. I am so thankful for all three kids, their health and my getting to stay home with them.
I can't remember what I put in the last blog and instead of going to look I am just going to retell it. Mallory is completely mobile. She scoots around on her bottom and gets everywhere she needs too and quickly. She has figured out how to go from laying on her tummy to sitting so I have no hope of her crawling. When she wakes up now she is always sitting in her crib when I go in to get her. She says "Uh Uh". She eats mostly finger food now and is finished with bottles.
Last week I gave Mallory to Josh before bed and told him to give her a bottle and enjoy it because it would be his last bottle as a dad. So he did. She held the bottle the whole time, which she has never done. Then about five minutes after she finished it he was holding her and she threw up the most she's ever thrown up before. We're talking multiple heaves. It got EVERYWHERE including Kinley's hair, down Josh's pants and all over our new couch and newish rug. Josh has never really like giving bottles anyway and he said "well if that's my last bottle then GOOD RIDDANCE!"

For Mallory's day we made French Breakfast Puffs which are muffins rolled in butter cinnamon and sugar. She LOVED it. Then she opened Weebles - Weebles wobble but they won't fall down (that is the little song they sing on the commercial for them).

Last weekend for the 4th we went to OKC and celebrated James, Kinley, Mallory, Tristan and Cade's birthday's. We had a big Cars 2 party. Aunt Jenn made and amazing cake and cup cakes and they kids got great new toys. We saw fireworks in Bricktown and went to Cars 2 at the theatre. We had a wonderful weekend with both families and are so blessed by how they love on us and our kids. We have now pictures of the weekend because we forgot the camera but I am going to bum some off of Grandad soon and will post them when I get them.

The last two weeks we've been taking swimming lessons at ORU. We've gone every morning from 8:55-9:35. I have never gone somewhere every morning for two weeks with all three and let me tell you it doesn't make me excited for kindergarten to start. Anyway, lessons were great. Kinley cried some the first day and the last two days but they were both brave and obedient. The teachers are drill sergeants which I liked and my kids are used to because I am like that. They were really good at getting a lot done in a short time and making the kids do things even if they were scared.
Most of the two and three year olds did not want to jump off the diving board so they had us drop them off. Kinley did not even want to jump off the side the first few days but she warmed up to it and started doing "cannon balls" off the side. She called them that but they looked more like the flying squirrel.
James's group practiced a lot of diving and freestyle strokes. He definitely improved his swimming speed and endurance. His teacher really complimented his diving skills too. She said he dives like an 8 year old and had him dive off the diving board to show his class how it's done. He loved all the praise and encouragement.

The first time they went off the high dive he went up first and went off without any fear or hesitation but he said it hurt when the water slapped his face. The next time he was much more hesitant but still went for it and you can tell he was trying really hard to be a pencil because his teacher told him it wouldn't hurt if he did that. It was better but he still said he didn't really want to do it again. He said he likes the low dive much better.

This time next week Josh and I will be sitting on the beach in the Caribbean!
No comments:
Post a Comment