Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tristan (my sisters son) turned 4 on Sunday so we celebrated with Red Lobster and cake. We just let them dig into the cake with forks and they loved it of course.
Last weekend my parents switched houses with us. They watched our kids and we enjoyed their house - what a deal! They took the kids to a Wild West show about Pawnee Bill on Saturday and James has been talking about horses and good cowboys beating bad cowboys ever since. Josh and I did absolutely nothing the whole weekend, it was great. I didn't realize how tired my brain was of listening to James' intelligence grow. This was Kinley having fun at the birthday party. She will be one next week. I just can't believe it. She gave up bottles about two weeks ago and drinks out of sippys and big girl cups! She is sleeping great, she isn't the best eater right now. She doesn't like fruits and veggies but a lot of meat and bread, she really likes crap and salmon?? She has also taken to being fussy when in nursery at church or the Y. That is sad but I guess she just has to grow out of it - I feel bad for the workers.
This is James and Kinley riding Bop's Harley.
Today we went to the splash park with some friends. This is James and Ezra being wilderness men. While we were there James walked out from behind a tree with his swim suit around his ankles and yelled "I pooped, I need something to wipe with" The park was really crowded and the tree was right by where everyone was sitting! I was of course mortified but quickly decided not to care what people think and just got it cleaned up. I asked James why he did it and he said "well, I had to poop and they don't have a bathroom here" like duh mom what was my other option. He is right we didn't have one - the park needs to get a bathroom. It was the first time I actually thought I wish he would have pooped in his pants. This used to be one of my worst nightmares and now I'm living it over and over it just keeps getting more public.

1 comment:

Jason and Emily Morris said...

Kinley is so BIG! She will be walking in no time! Can't wait to see you guys!